What a busy winter season. Holiday crush, end of year rush always has me looking forward to Q2 on the calendar. It’s Spring time and love of fresh tech startups is in the air with all the conferences, including South by Southwest and the inaugural Big Kansas City.
The picture you see is courtesy of one of my favorite blogs, Austin, Texas Daily Photo. The caption says it all. Go for the Pacman food, and don’t look back.
Time to recap and get this blog revving again…
I spent a considerable amount of writing bandwidth on my contributions to Entrepreneurs Unpluggd. They share entrepreneurs’ stories and advice to help you build your startup. Check out some of my work there:
- Going #Badgeless at SXSW – This one even had its own SquareOff = Win
- Damn It Feels Good to Be an Entrepreneur – Tribute to all things blood, tears and sweat equity.
- It Starts with a Wall: Creating a Data-Driven Culture – Get some big data in a small but effective way.
- Founder to CEO: Mastering the Unnatural – Debunkation of Perfecting, Placating and Planning
- The Perfect Time to Pivot Doesn’t Exist – Allegedly small rant about bigger things.
South by Southwest
Checked in at “halftime” on Sunday, just in time for a solid three-day plan of tech parties, customer meetings, and the usual serendipity. Brief rundown:
- Paid a total of $7 for parking, not bad if you’re with car in ATX during SXSW.
- SoCo, Joe’s, Annie’s, food truckology, and so forth.
- Hung out with The Real Lean Startup
- Badgeless with purpose in the Hilton lobbies
- Ate a Casino El Camino burger and saw some Music + Film (thanks Kate!)
- Met Bing Gordon on 6th Street (thanks to Jeff)
- Hosted a kick-ass party with SquareOffs
I made a few “Un-Predictions” for 2013. Things that won’t change…
Brandifying, Google Plush, Byte Sizing, 2xfoursquare, Impressions, KISS
Tao of Bhanu Returns
Not only did he bust this blog’s record for Facebook likes, but he wrote another impassioned post on startups. Startup Investments and E-Commerce asks some tough questions on funding and urges tech entrepreneurs to take a pledge.
Sometimes the best offense IS a good offense.
Congrats to the Louisville Cardinals for outlasting the amazingly talented scoring machine of the Michigan Wolverines. This game, this Final Four (Shockers) and tourney was everything the Spring Classic should always be — Competition + Class — and one to remember.
Spring Forward Like Pacman thxb.it/14YXEW1
— Tim Henningsen (@gimmetim) April 11, 2013